Set up divisional play in your fantasy league
During league configuration, Commissioners have the option of either leaving teams in 1 division or breaking the league up into 2, 3, or 4 divisions.
From your league's homepage:
- Click Commissioner.
- Click Edit League Settings.
- Next to "Divisions," select Yes.
- Click Submit.
Once you've configured your league to use divisions, the Edit Divisions tool will activate. With this tool, a Commissioner can:
- Change division names (all season)
- Assign teams to different divisions (until scoring begins)
Consider the following when configuring a league to use a multi-division format:
- In multi-division leagues, all teams draft from a single pool of players (for example, when using the 2 division format, it isn't possible for the same player to be owned by 1 team in each division).
- The league schedule is generated automatically but can later be customized using the Edit Schedule tool.
- Playoff Seeding Options can be set from the Edit League Settings page. When using divisions you do one of the following:
- Award division winners the top seeds.
- Advance division winners, but seed teams according to overall standings.
- Seed all teams regardless of divisions based on overall standings.