Fix problems with Yahoo Mail in iOS Mail
You can fix most problems that come up using Yahoo Mail in the native iOS Mail app with these steps.
Keep your iOS device up to date - Yahoo Mail works best on the latest version of the iOS software.
Resolve connection issues with iOS Mail
If there's an issue with your account's mailbox, you won't be able to send or receive emails using the iOS Mail app.
- Using a computer, sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- If you're unable to sign in, learn how to fix sign in issues.
- Compose and send an email to your own email address.
- Verify the email arrived in your Inbox.
If the email arrived, check if the message also arrived in iOS Mail.
Make sure your settings are correctly configured.
- Tap the Settings app.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap your Yahoo Mail account.
- Tap Account, at the top.
- Re-enter your full email address and account password.
- Tap Done.
If your info matches, checks will appear and you'll return to the previous screen. If not, you'll need to use a computer to verify your login details.
If your Yahoo Mail settings are corrupt in iOS Mail (the "Server Unavailable" error), the only way to fix it is to remove and re-add Yahoo Mail.
If you're unable to add your account to your device using the iOS Mail Wizard, you can manually enter the Yahoo Mail server info to add your account.
Good to know - Manually adding Yahoo Mail only syncs Mail and Notes. Learn how to sync Yahoo Calendar and Yahoo Contacts.
If you've tried all the options above, and still have trouble sending and receiving messages, download the Yahoo Mail app for iOS.
A few great features include:
- Multiple mailboxes - Add multiple accounts to the Yahoo Mail app including Outlook, Hotmail, and AOL accounts.
- Smart Views - Sort the most common message types for easy access.
- Yahoo News - Scroll through the latest stories, and share them right ftoim the Yahoo Mail app.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.