Fix problems with Yahoo Mail in iOS Mail
You can fix most of the issues that come up using Yahoo Mail in the native iOS Mail app with these troubleshooting steps.
Verify your login info works
If there's an issue with your account's login info, you wont be able to access it in iOS Mail.
- Using a computer, try to sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- If you're unable to sign in, learn how to fix sign in issues.
Re-enter your settings for iOS Mail
Make sure your settings are correctly configured using the info you verified above.
- Tap the Settings app.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap your Yahoo Mail account.
- Tap Account, at the top.
- Re-enter your full email address and account password, ensuring there're no spaces.
- Tap Done.
If your info matches, checks will appear and you'll return to the previous screen.
Confirm you can send and receive email
If there's an issue with your account's mailbox, you won't be able to send or receive emails using the iOS Mail app.
- Using a computer, sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Compose and send an email to your own email address.
- Verify the email arrived in your Inbox.
If the email arrived, check if the message also arrived in iOS Mail.
Remove and re-add Yahoo Mail to iOS Mail
If your Yahoo Mail settings got corrupt in iOS Mail, the only way to fix it is to remove and re-add Yahoo Mail.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.