Fix Yahoo Mail sending and receiving problems with POP mail clients
If you're unable to send and/or receive your Yahoo Mail messages using your POP mail client, our steps will help get things working again.
Step 1: Enabling POP
Make sure you've set up POP access in Yahoo Mail. Learn how to enable POP access.
Step 2: Check the account settings in your email client
- In your email client, go to the account settings for your Yahoo Mail account.
- If you need help with this step, please see the support site for your email client's distributor:
- Verify the settings required to set up Yahoo Mail in your email client.
- Click your email client below for more info:
Step 3: Check your security software
- Temporarily disable any security software installed.
- Check your network equipment to see if it's blocking the Yahoo POP and SMTP servers or ports.
- Try a different outgoing port.
- Ask your ISP or network administrator if the modem or software you are using has a firewall feature that may block the mail ports.
Need help with these steps? We recommend contacting your security software/network equipment manufacturer or Internet service provider for assistance.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.