Fix the 'certificate error message' in Internet Explorer
If you're using Yahoo on Internet Explorer, you may see a "certificate error message" because a security certificate expired, the website isn't trustable, or your computer's date is incorrect. Fix the error by adjusting some things on your computer.
Disable revocation settings
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools icon | Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under "Security", de-select the following:
- Check for publisher's certificate revocation
- Check for server certificate revocation
- Click Apply.
- Click Ok.
- Close and relaunch Internet Explorer.
Adjust your computer's date and time
Right click on the time to update the date and time. Because steps may vary, we recommend consulting your Operating System's help team for additional assistance.