Browser clears Yahoo settings automatically
If you're automatically signed out of Yahoo when you close and reopen your browser, even though you've checked the "Keep me signed in option," or you have to set your Yahoo preferences every time you sign in. Check if your browser is set to clear cookies automatically.
- Click the Tools icon | select Options.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Under "History," select Remember history from the dropdown menu.
- Click OK.
- Click the Tools icon | select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Under "Privacy," click Content settings.
- Under "Cookies," select Allow local data to be set.
- Click Done.
Currently, Safari does not support clearing your history when you exit. Here's how to check Safari for extensions that might be automatically clearing cookies:
- Click Safari | Preferences.
- The "Preferences" window appears.
- Select the Extensions tab.
- All installed extensions will display. Click an extension to see details about what it does.
- If you need help with an extension, please contact the developer of that extension.
- Close the "Preferences" window.
- Click Tools | select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab.
- Under "Browsing History," deselect Delete browsing history on exit.
- Click OK.
- Close and restart your browser.