Overview of Matchup Challenges
Managers in head-to-head leagues can challenge their weekly opponent to a Matchup Challenge. This option allows you to add a contest to your head-to-head matchup within your season long league where the winner receives the cash prize. For more details check out our Official Matchup Challenges Rules.
Yahoo charges a management fee when participating in Matchup Challenges. Promotional offers may apply. Management fees are displayed when creating and accepting a Matchup Challenge.
Winnings are deposited in your Fantasy Wallet.
Matchup Challenges are paid out once stat corrections have been applied. Matchup Challenges in Fantasy Football will be paid out when the week is complete (typically, on Thursday morning). All other sports will typically be paid out on Monday morning.
- Go to your weekly matchup in your season long league for the current week (or the following week if the current has started).
- If eligible, create a Matchup Challenge with your weekly opponent.
- Your opponent can then accept or reject your challenge.
- If accepted, game on! A cash prize will be awarded to the winner.
- Your league must use Head-to-Head scoring.
- Leagues that use Autodraft won’t see the Matchup Challenges feature.
- User account information may be subject to a one time verification process.
- Users must be at least 18 years old (19 if located in AL or NE, or 21 if located in MA).
- You must play in a Public or Private Prize League - free public leagues are not supported.
- You must be located in an eligible state when proposing or accepting a Matchup Challenge.
- Users who have self-excluded from Yahoo Fantasy paid gaming or disabled the feature on your team settings will not be able to participate.
- Location sharing may be requested to determine if you are located in a restricted area. Users located in AR, AZ, HI, IA, ID, LA, MO, MT, NV, OH, TN, WA or in Quebec, Canada are not eligible to participate in Matchup Challenges.
In order to be prize eligible you must:
- Play under a single account.
- Participate in a live draft and make at least one draft pick.
- Have players from at least 3 different teams in your lineup.