Overview of the Yahoo Sportsbook
The Yahoo Sportsbook is a partnership between Yahoo Sports and BetMGM. Yahoo Sports will be showing BetMGM’s odds throughout our products. If you are in a US state where sports betting is legal, and you are 21+, you will be able to click through and place bets on BetMGM from both sports.yahoo.com and the Yahoo Sports app.
Where is the Yahoo Sportsbook?
Betting odds will be shown throughout Yahoo Sports products across the United States. However, currently you will only be able to place bets on BetMGM if you are in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, or Wyoming. Expansion to other states will occur as more states legalize sports betting.
What does all the betting terminology mean?
- Moneyline - The odds you can get to pick the winner of the game. Negative numbers signify that team is the favorite. Positive numbers signify that the team is the underdog.
- Example 1: -200 means if you bet $200, you will win $100 (you are betting on the favorite and have to pay more to win)
- Example 2: +500 means if you bet $20, you will win $100 (you are betting on the underdog and get a bigger payout if you win)
- Spread - The amount of points the oddsmakers set to encourage roughly equal bets on both sides of a game.
- Example: Team A (-14) vs Team B. This signifies that Team A is the favored to win the game by 14 points. If you bet on Team A, you need them to win by more than 14 points in order to win your bet. If you bet on Team B, you just need them to lose by less than 14 points (or win the game outright).
- Total (or Over/Under) - The total points that will be scored in the game.
- Example: 40. You can bet on whether or not you think there will be more or less than 40 total points scored in the game.
Why did the odds change before the game started?
As bets are being placed, the oddsmakers will adjust the odds to even out the amount of money on each side of a bet. You may see the moneyline, point spread, or total change over time leading up to the start of the game.
Why are the odds changing during the game?
Live betting is an extremely popular and fun way to follow a game. As the game goes on, oddsmakers will continually adjust odds to encourage betting throughout the game.
Can I login with my Yahoo credentials?
The Yahoo Sports app allows you to place bets through the BetMGM mobile page using your Yahoo login credentials. If you are 21+ years, and in a legal betting state, you can place bets on BetMGM without leaving the Yahoo Sports app. You can also create your BetMGM account with your Yahoo credentials and use your Yahoo credentials to sign in to your BetMGM account moving forward.