Change your account name and nickname on Yahoo
Change your nickname or full name
Your nickname shows up as the display name at the top of every page on Yahoo. It's also your name on Yahoo Fantasy teams and comments you make on Yahoo sites, like News.
- Sign in to your Yahoo Account.
- Click Personal info.
- Click your name or nickname. - A text field will appear where you can type in your new name or nickname.
- Click Save.
- From an app or mobile browser, tap the Sidebar icon .
- Tap Account info.
- If using the Yahoo Mail app, tap Manage Accounts to see this option.
- Tap Personal info.
- Tap your name or nickname. - A text field will appear where you can type in your new nickname.
- Tap Save.
This feature is not available in all Yahoo apps. If it's available in your app, you may be asked to re-enter your password, phone passcode, or Touch ID.