Ways to securely access Yahoo Mail
You have the flexibility to access your Yahoo Mail account in multiple ways. Make sure you're using current technology and applications that keep your emails secure and reliable.
Is your access secure enough?
How to know if your method of using Yahoo Mail is outdated or insecure:
- Yahoo blocks your account access from obsolete programs.
- Emails from Yahoo tell you that your apps have outdated security.
- You're using a version of a third party (non-Yahoo) email application that is not current.
Access Yahoo Mail securely
- Use the Yahoo Mail website: https://mail.yahoo.com.
- Install the Yahoo Mail app on your Android or iOS devices.
- Make sure that your third party (non-Yahoo) email programs use current security standards.
- Remove access and saved passwords to your Yahoo Mail account from applications that you no longer use.
Give temporary access while updating
While changing or upgrading your third party applications, you can temporarily give them access.
- Sign in to Yahoo Mail.
- Go to your "Account security" settings.
- Turn on Allow apps that use less secure sign in.
Caution - Do not use this setting as a permanent access method. It is intended only for temporary access while you switch or upgrade to a secure application. Remember to turn it off afterwards.