Ways to securely access Yahoo Mail
You have the flexibility to access your Yahoo Mail account in multiple ways. Make sure you're using current technology and applications that keep your emails secure and reliable.
Is your access secure enough?
How to know if your method of using Yahoo Mail is outdated or insecure:
- Yahoo blocks your account access from obsolete programs.
- Emails from Yahoo tell you that your apps have outdated security.
- You're using a version of a third party (non-Yahoo) email application that is not current.
Access Yahoo Mail securely
- Use the Yahoo Mail website: https://mail.yahoo.com.
- Install the Yahoo Mail app on your Android or iOS devices.
- Make sure that your third party (non-Yahoo) email programs use current security standards.
- Remove access and saved passwords to your Yahoo Mail account from applications that you no longer use.
Give temporary access while updating
While you switch apps or update your app, you can give the old app temporary access. Just remember, this is not intended for permanent access and you'll want to turn it off afterwards.
- Sign in to Yahoo Mail.
- Go to your "Account security" settings.
- Turn on Allow apps that use less secure sign in.
Once the feature is turned on, you'll get regular alerts reminding you to turn it off. To do so, just follow the steps above and turn off "Allow apps that use less secure sign in."