Why do I have to sign in when "Keep me signed in" is selected?
Staying signed in to your Yahoo account creates quick, convenient access to all your favorite Yahoo services. Your account's default setting is set to "Keep me signed in" for 2 weeks, unless you sign out. However, there are some circumstances when you'll be prompted to sign in again.
- You've accidentally clicked Sign Out.
- You're using a new browser from your previous sign in.
- You're on the Account security page - Yahoo requires a password to access sensitive info.
- The cookie file is corrupted - If this is the case, you can clear out the cookie file to potentially fix it.
- The browser is clearing cookies - You can reset the browser to accept cookies from your Yahoo account.
- The cookies were manually cleared - If the settings aren't changed, once you sign in, you'll stay signed in.
- The security software is clearing cookies - If a firewall or antivirus program is clearing the cookies, you can disable the program to change the settings.
- You're switching accounts - A password is required to access any Yahoo account for the first time. Change your settings to sign in to multiple accounts at once.
- Account Key is enabled - Account Key adds additional security to your sign in process by skipping the use of a password. You'll need to accept a notification each time you sign in.