Set up Yahoo Account Key to stop using passwords
You'll no longer need to remember complicated passwords when you use Yahoo Account Key to access your account. To sign in, tap "Yes" on the notification we send to your mobile phone. With Account Key enabled, there's no password on your account, so no one other than you can sign in.
Update your Yahoo app - You'll need the latest version of our app to use Account Key.
- Sign in to your Account Info page and click Account security.
- Under Yahoo Account Key, click See how it works.
- Follow the prompts to confirm the device and app you're using.
- Click Yes, send me a notification to receive a test Account Key to your device.
- Tap 'Yes' or 'No' in the app to the Account Key sent to your device.
- Click Always use Yahoo Account Key to sign in with an Account Key from now on.
- Click Confirm to verify access to your current phone number.
- Open a Yahoo app that supports Account Key, like Yahoo Mail, then tap the Profile image .
- Tap the Account Key icon .
- Tap Set up Account Key.
- A sample Account Key displays.
- Tap Yes for the confirmation screen to open.
- Tap Got it!
- Tap Enable Account Key.
- Tap Great, got it! to sign in with a notification from now on.
- Open a Yahoo app and tap the Menu icon .
- Tap the Account Key icon
- Follow the iOS steps 3-7 listed above.
Voila! No more passwords. To sign in from now on, you'll just need to enter your username and click Continue and then we'll send your phone a notification to approve access.