Make Yahoo Mail the default email in Windows or your web browser
When you select a primary "mailto" email in your browser, that email program will be the one that opens whenever you click a "contact us" link. You can change your browser or Windows settings so that Yahoo Mail is the one that automatically opens.
- Launch the Google Chrome Web browser.
- Click the Chrome menu icon .
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Under "Privacy," click Content settings.
- Under "Handlers," select Allow sites to ask to become default handlers for protocols (recommended).
Firefox is one of the web browser that supports Yahoo Mail as a mailto option. Set up Yahoo Mail as your default in Firefox and it will be the email that opens whenever you click "contact us" from within that browser.
Another option is to apply the default mailto address on the operating system level. This allows any browser that doesn't have a mailto preference set up, to select Yahoo Mail. You can set up your default email in Windows 10.