View and download historical price, dividend, or split data
Download historical data
On a desktop or laptop computer:
- Go to Yahoo Finance.
- View a quote.
- Click Historical Data.
- Select a Time Period, data to Show (Historical Prices, Dividends Only, Stock Splits), and Frequency.
- Click Apply.
- Click Download Data.
- A .csv file downloads to your computer which you can open with Excel or a similar program.
Note: If the data requested is beyond the range of historical prices available through Yahoo Finance, all available data within the range is displayed. Historical prices usually don't go back earlier than 1970.
Create a custom date range, or use a preset filter (for example: 5 days, 6 months, or 1 year).
Choose the type of information to show.Historical Prices
Price and volume information. The information listed depends on the Frequency selected.Dividends Only
The dividend distribution amount and the ex-dividend date of each distribution.Stock Splits
The date and ratio (for example: 2/1, 3/2) of each stock split.
Select the time period summarized in each row of data.
Historical Prices data varies with the Frequency selected, as follows:Daily prices
- Opening trade of the day.
- High and low prices for the day.
- Closing price for the day.
- The trading volume for each trading day shown.
- Opening trade of the first trading day for the week.
- High and low prices for the week.
- Closing price on the last trading day of the week.
- Adjusted close.
- Weekly volume (the average daily volume for all trading days in the reported week).
- Opening trade from the first trading day of the month.
- High and low prices for the month.
- Closing price on the last trading day of the month.
- Adjusted close.
- Monthly volume (the average daily volume for all trading days in the reported month).