Order of contact suggestions in Yahoo Mail
Auto-Suggest saves you time and hassle by filling in email addresses for you. Enter part of someone's name or email in the address fields and get a list of relevant contacts and suggestions to include, based on how often you interact. You can hide the suggestions as needed.
Contact auto-suggestions are not ordered exactly the same as the contacts found in your Address Book and auto-suggestions are private and will never be shared with others.
The contact auto-suggestions that you receive are based on your interactions with those contacts and sorted in the following order:
- At the bottom Contact lists will be displayed in alphabetical order.
- In Between - Contacts with no interactions will be displayed in alphabetical order.
- At the top - Contacts that you've interacted with the most will be displayed first, followed by contacts with fewer interactions (sent emails). This is not in in alphabetical order
You can hide unwanted suggestions in order to improve the accuracy of your suggestions. Hiding a contact suggestion will not remove the contact from your address book.
- Click Compose.
- Begin entering an email address or contact in the "To" field.
- When the unwanted contact appears, mouse over it and click X.