Manage contact suggestions in Yahoo Mail
Auto-Suggest saves you time and hassle by filling in email addresses for you. Enter part of someone's name or email in the address fields and get a list of relevant contacts and suggestions to include, based on how often you interact. You can hide the suggestions as needed.
Order of Auto-SuggestionsThe contact auto-suggestions that you receive are based on your interactions with those contacts and sorted in the following order:
- At the top - Contacts that you've interacted with the most will be displayed first, followed by contacts with fewer interactions (sent emails). This is not in in alphabetical order
- In Between - Contacts with no interactions will be displayed in alphabetical order.
- At the bottom - Contact lists will be displayed in alphabetical order.
- Your contact auto-suggestions are not ordered exactly the same as the contacts found in your Address Book.
- Your auto-suggestions are private and will never be shared with others.
Hide contact auto-suggestions
- Click Compose.
- Begin entering an email address or contact in the "To" field.
- When the unwanted contact appears, mouse over it and click X.