My account is sending spam
Receiving spam is one thing. Getting reports of it coming from your account is another. We know it can be scary, but it's easy to fix and we're here to help.
Stop your account from sending spam
For starters, your account has most likely been compromised. Here's what to do:
Change your password immediately
The fastest way to stop spam is to secure your account by creating a new, strong password.
Review your alternate email address
- A spammer may have altered your account information, allowing them to access your account again even after you change your password.
- Visit your Account Information page .
- Click Choose how Yahoo contacts you under "Contact Information."
- Change the email address on file if you don't recognize it.
Other things to check for
- If you're missing emails, contacts, or your "Reply-to address," "From name" or email signature has been changed, see our steps to correct your email signature, from name, and reply-to address.
- See if someone else has been accessing your account.
- Visit the Safety Center for more information about keeping your account safe.
If the problem continues: Learn what to do if your account continues to send spam.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.