Operating systems that work with Yahoo Messenger
Having trouble installing or using Yahoo Messenger? If you're using an unsupported operating system, you're likely to experience problems that can't be fixed unless you upgrade your system.
Operating systems that are no longer supported
- Windows 95
- Windows 98
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Mac OS X versions 10.3 or older
- Mac OS X Server
Supported operating systems
Yahoo Messenger can be downloaded and installed on most of the latest operating systems, including:
- Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
Yahoo Messenger for Android and iPhone
- Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or newer
- iOS 7.1 or newer
If you're using an unsupported operating system
- Use Messenger in Yahoo Mail -- It doesn't have all of the features from the application, but you can still use it to keep in touch with your contacts.
- Download and install Yahoo Messenger on another computer or device running any of the supported operating systems.
- Upgrade the operating system on your computer or mobile device.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.