Fix image issues for webcam and video calling
Webcams can be troublesome! The good news is that most webcams will work with Yahoo Messenger.
Basic webcam image problems
- Black or gray screen.
- A poor quality blurry or pixilated image.
- Webcam freezes, stops responding, or goes completely blank.
Advanced image fixes for display driver problems
Update these technologies on your computer.
- Download and install the latest version of Yahoo Messenger.
- Download and install Xvid, a video codec that enables video compression and decompression.
- Microsoft DirectX Runtime, which drives high-speed multimedia.
- Test your webcam: Run the Video and Voice Setup Assistant.
- Reinstall your webcam driver: Uninstalling and reinstalling webcam software driver.
- More troubleshooting: See our help article covering Messenger troubleshooting procedures.
- Webcam not found or not connected: Troubleshooting webcam not found errors.
- Webcam specifications: Review the webcam specifications supported by Yahoo Messenger.
- Built-in webcams: If you are using a built-in webcam that is compatible with Yahoo Messenger and still experiencing an issue.
- Contact your laptop or original equipment manufacturer (OEM) for additional support.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.