Introducing Yahoo! Messenger
What is Yahoo! Messenger?
Yahoo! Messenger is an all-in-one communication
package, and anyone, anywhere in the world, with a computer and
Internet connection can use it.
|With Yahoo! Messenger, you can:|
- Instant message friends
in real time, including your Windows Live™ Messenger friends.
- Add a Pingbox™ to
your personal Web page so that you can instant message the people
who visit your page.
- Call and talk with your friends. You can call a friend’s computer,
mobile phone, and landline.
- Enjoy a video call with
your loved ones.
- Share your favorite photos.
- Send text (SMS) messages to a friend’s mobile phone.
- Forward your instant messages to your mobile phone when you’re
away from your computer.
- Save friends’ contact details in your Yahoo! Contacts and access
the information in Messenger.
- Add plug-ins to
do such things as view the news, check your mail, and play games
with your friends.
- Check out what your friends are up to by viewing their Yahoo! Updates.
- Add color and graphics to your conversations and change the
look of the application.
Tip: Not all Yahoo! Messenger features are available when you converse
with contacts outside the Yahoo! network, such as your Windows
Live contacts and your Pingbox visitors.
If you haven’t already, install Yahoo! Messenger and
start communicating with your friends online. Hey, shouldn’t you
let all of your friends know about Yahoo! Messenger?
Words to Know
- Instant messaging: the ability to exchange messages in real time with other people over the Internet.
- LAUNCHcast Radio: a streaming music service that allows you to create your own customized station tailored to your tastes and provides an extensive collection of other music stations that offer a wide variety of genres and themes to choose from.
- Pingbox: an embedded box on a Web page where visitors to the page can send you instant messages and which lists visitors on your Messenger List.
- Plug-in: a software program that adds a specific feature or to another program.
- Webcam: a video camera typically attached to a computer.
- Windows Live™ Messenger: Microsoft® Windows’ free instant messaging application.
- Yahoo! Updates: mini-stories about online activities that you can share with your friends and family.
- Video call: a call in which you can hear and see the person your talking with.