How do I make my blog my home page?
You can make your blog your home page when you activate WordPress.
In step 2 of the activation process, select the checkbox to make your blog the main page of your web site. After you complete activation, your site visitors will be able to enter your domain name, such as http://www.widgetdesigns.com, in their web browsers to see your main blog page.
Important: Please be aware that when you choose to make your blog your home page, you will replace any home page you have already created. When you activate WordPress, you add a package of files to your web site that allows you to use the WordPress tools to create, manage, and publish your own blog. Among these files is a document called index.php, which represents your blog home page and by its nature becomes the main page of any directory in which it appears. If you choose to make your blog your web site home page, this file will be installed in your main (root) directory, superceding any home page that you already created.
Before you activate WordPress, then, make sure you've decided where you'd like your blog to appear. If you'd like to preserve a home page you've already created, but you want to make your blog your home page, be sure to save your existing file (to your site with a different name, or to your computer) before activating WordPress.
If you change your mind later, you can still make the blog your home page by creating a simple PHP file to redirect traffic to the main page of your blog.
- Sign in to your Business Control Panel
- Click the Web Hosting Control Panel link associated with your plan.
- On the Web Hosting Control Panel, go to the Manage tab.
- Click the File Manager link.
- Toward the upper right, next to the word Create, click the PHP link.
- Delete everything prepopulated in the editing field at the center of the screen.
- Copy and paste (or type) the following script into the editing field:define('WP_USE_THEMES', true);
- Replace BLOG-FOLDER with the name of the folder or subdirectory in which the blog is currently installed.
- Type index.php in the Filename field toward the upper-left side of the page.
- Click the Save button just below the Filename field.
Your new file, index.php, will automatically override any other index in your account and redirect traffic for your domain name to the home page of the blog.