What are Yahoo Merchant Solutions APIs?
Yahoo Merchant Solutions currently offers the following APIs for Merchant Solutions Standard and Professional accounts, and Yahoo Store accounts:
- Order and Payment APIs
- Checkout APIs
- Catalog API (beta) * Standard and Professional accounts only, as the Catalog API requires Catalog Manager
Order and Payment APIs
Order and Payment APIs provide custom order and payment processing solutions for Yahoo Stores. Merchants who use third-party order management systems (OMS) can use these APIs to maintain synchronous communication between their OMS and their Yahoo Store, ensuring that order information is current in both systems. Order and Payment APIs also provide batch-processing capabilities, which allows actions on multiple orders at the same time, rather than on a per-order basis.
Order and Payment APIs were first released in beta in October 2007. The August 2009 general release of these APIs provides access to all Merchant Solutions Standard, Professional, and Yahoo Store accounts. Please note that Order and Payment APIs are not available for Merchant Solutions Starter accounts.
Checkout APIs allow merchants and partners to process offline orders (such as orders taken by phone) by making web service calls. Using this set of APIs, merchants and authenticated partners may create, update, and query checkout baskets, as well as perform a number of checkout actions. Checkout APIs were released in March 2009.
The Catalog API was released in beta in October 2011. The beta release of the Catalog API allows merchants and partners to manage a store’s product catalog and by making web service calls, and facilitates integration with third-party catalog management systems. Using this set of APIs, merchants and authenticated partners may create, update, and delete items, product tables, and attributes, and query a store’s product catalog.
To get started with Yahoo Merchant Solutions APIs, please see the following help resources:
- Applying for a Partner ID
- Adding a partner to your store's API access list
- I'm a merchant. How do I manage partner access and tokens?
- I'm a partner. How do I manage my tokens?
For API reference information, including URLs, methods, request and response fields, error codes, and sample XML, please download our API documentation:
Order and Payment APIs
- Getting Started and Reference Manual (PDF format) (updated for September 12, 2013 API updates)
- Order API XSD (updated for September 12, 2013 API updates)
- Payment API XSD (Bulk)
- Payment API XSD (Non-Bulk)
- Getting Started and Reference Manual (PDF format) (updated May 11, 2012)
- Checkout API XSD (updated for April 25, 2012 changes on April 24, 2012)
Catalog API (Beta)
- Getting Started and Reference Manual (PDF format) (updated for January 10, 2013 enhancements)
- Catalog API XSD (updated for January 10, 2013 enhancements)