How can I change the password for a POP-only mailbox?
Only administrators or owners may change the password for a POP-only mailbox. Users of POP-only email accounts must request new passwords from administrators.
To change a password:
- Access the Email Control Panel
- Click the "Edit" link for the POP-only mailbox whose password you'd like to change.
Email Control Panel: Edit User Link
- Enter the Yahoo Security Key, if prompted.
Verify Security Key Screen
- Click the "Change password" link.
Email Control Panel: Edit User - Change Password Link
- Enter the new password for this mailbox twice, then click the Save button.
Email Control Panel: Edit User - New Password
- Click the OK button on the password change confirmation.
Email Control Panel: Edit User - New Password Confirmation
Please note that changing a password will prevent the mailbox user from sending and receiving mail until the user changes POP settings to reflect the new password, so be sure to notify the user of any changes immediately.