Autopick draft details
When you're unable to draft players for yourself, Yahoo autopick will make intelligent choices for you.
How Autopick works
- The auto-pick system first selects the highest-rated available player that can fill one of the open starting positions on your roster. It then determines the appropriate bench positions and fills them.
- All player selections are based first on your pre-rankings and then on Yahoo’s default rankings.
- You can participate in an autopick draft just like you did during mock drafts.
- Autopick is used when:
- Regardless of your league type, it's always good idea to pre-rank players in case you miss any part of the draft.
- If you sign up for a public autopick league, you might end up being placed in a live draft league (including auction draft leagues) in need of managers. If this happens, your team is still auto-picked.
- There are several ways to open the page for pre-ranking players:
- From your team page, click Pre-Draft Player Rankings.
- From the "My Team" section, Roster page, click Pre-Draft Player Rankings.
- From "Draft Central", select Edit My Rankings
Active and Bench Picks
- All starting positions are filled before any bench players are chosen.
- The system determines a maximum number of players to draft per position (starters plus bench) so that your roster doesn’t end up with too many players at any single position.