Troubleshooting iOS apps
Many common issues with official Yahoo apps on iOS devices (e.g., iPhone, iPod, iPad) can be resolved by with the following troubleshooting methods:
- Press your device's Home button to exit the app.
- Press your device's Home button twice to open iOS multi-tasking.
- Tap and hold any of the multi-tasking app icons until all of the app icons begin to shake.
- Tap the Close icon on the app you want to terminate.
- Press your device's Home button to close multi-tasking.
- Tap that app's icon on your device's Home screen to restart the app.
The latest version of the app will usually include fixes to known issues and/or new product features.
- Tap the App Store icon on your device's Home screen.
- Tap Updates.
If your app is listed: Tap Update to download the latest version of the app.
If your app is not listed: Your app version is up-to-date.
- At times, mobile devices can experience compatibility issues with passwords that contain special characters.
- If your password contains any special characters, change your password (using desktop computer) in to something more compatible (but still secure).
- Restart the device.
- Uninstall, then re-install the app.
- Consult the Apple iPhone Application Troubleshooting Assistant.