Submitting diagnostic log files in Yahoo Messenger 11.5
If you're having problems with Yahoo Messenger, please download and install the latest version of Yahoo Messenger. The latest version has new programming that fixes many of the issues that customers reported in previous versions.
Get the latest version of Yahoo Messenger at: The Yahoo Messenger download page.
If you'd like to continue using Yahoo Messenger 11.5, please send us a copy of your diagnostic log files.
Creating and sending log files
- Select Help | Report a Problem to Yahoo.
- Reproduce the problem that you were having with Messenger.
- Once the problem happens again, select Help | Report a Problem to Yahoo.
- Select the appropriate category.
- Select the appropriate option under "Problem."
- Enter a short description of your problem in the field provided.
- Click Send.
- Select Help | Turn Off Diagnostic Logs
- Click OK.
If, for any reason, you are unable to submit diagnostic logs using the "Report a Problem to Yahoo" function, please use our alternate steps for submitting diagnostic log files.
Taking a screenshot
- Open Yahoo Messenger.
- Select Messenger | Connection Preferences.
- On your keyboard, press Print Screen.
- On your keyboard, press Windows Logo+R.
- The "Run" command window opens.
- Enter mspaint.
- On your keyboard, press Enter.
- "Microsoft Paint" opens.
- Select Edit | Paste.
- Select File | Save.
- Save the screenshot to your desktop as a ".jpg" file.
When requested by Customer Care, attach your screenshot to your reply, along with your diagnostic log files.
Contacting Customer Care
Once you've recorded the error in your logs, contact us and let us know the following info:
- Explain the problems you're having in detail and what you've done thus far.
- That you've been to this help page article and have created diagnostic log files using the built-in tool.
- If you've created a screenshot, let us know that you can send it to them when requested.