Fix Yahoo Mail sending and receiving problems with POP mail clients
Important: Only messages from your Yahoo Mail's Inbox and Spam folders can be delivered to an external email client.
- Sign in to Yahoo Mail.
- Mouse over the Settings menu icon |select Settings.
- The "Settings" window opens.
- To the right of "Yahoo Account," click Edit.
- A window with additional account settings opens.
- To the right of "Access your Yahoo Mail elsewhere," select POP.
- Select your POP option from the drop-down menu:
- Don't download spam email - Only delivers your Inbox messages, not your Spam folder.
- Download spam with no special indicators - Delivers Inbox and Spam messages with no visible "Spam" indicator.
- Download spam, but prefix the word "Spam" - Delivers Inbox and Spam messages. Spam messages contain "Spam" in the subject line.
- Click Save.
- In your email client, go to the account settings for your Yahoo Mail account.
- If you need help with this step, please see the support site for your email client's distributor:
- Verify the settings required to set up Yahoo Mail in your email client.
- Click your email client below for more info:
- Temporarily disable any security software installed.
- Check your network equipment to see if it's blocking the Yahoo POP and SMTP servers or ports.
- Try a different outgoing port.
- Ask your ISP or network administrator if the modem or software you are using has a firewall feature that may block the mail ports.
Need help with these steps? You may need to contact your security software/network equipment manufacturer or Internet service provider for assistance.