Temporarily disable security programs
Disabling security software temporarily
The directions to disable security software differ from one program to another, so we recommend going to the support website for the security software you've installed (e.g., Norton, or McAfee) to find the most up-to-date instructions.
- In some cases, you may not be able to disable the security software.
- For further assistance with this step, contact the software distributor or manufacturer.
Testing for the problem again
Once you've temporarily disabled your security software, it's good practice to test the feature or site you were experiencing a problem with.
- If the problem no longer occurs, it's likely that the disabled security software was the cause of the problem.
- It may be possible to configure the security software so to avoid the problem with the Yahoo feature or website.
- For help configuring security software, please use the support options offered by the security software manufacturer or distributor.