Creating a Facebook account
There are two ways to join Facebook:
- Visit Facebook’s website to sign up and create a new account.
- Sign up from Yahoo. You’ll gain an account with Facebook and create a link to your Yahoo Account at the same time.
To sign up for a Facebook account from Yahoo:
- Go to your Yahoo Profile website.
- Click Settings located at the upper right corner of the page.
- Click Manage my linked accounts under the “Linked Accounts” label.
- On the new page that opens, click Link located at the right of Facebook under "Accounts You Can Link".
- On the new page that opens, Click Sign up for Facebook.
- Fill in the requested information and click Sign Up.
Note: You do not need to use a Yahoo Mail email address to link your account.
- Type the security characters in the text box and click Sign Up.
- Click the Go to button to open your email account so that you can confirm your new account and link them as well.
- In your Inbox, open the message from “Facebook”.
- Confirm your Facebook account by clicking the indicated link. You'll be guided through several setup pages.
- Return to the email message and confirm your link between Facebook and Yahoo by clicking the indicated link.
Now you have a Facebook account and a link between it and your Yahoo account. If you have updates to share, you should start seeing them in each account.