Fix the "certificate error message" in Internet Explorer
- Computer's date is incorrect.
- The security certificate has expired.
- The website is not trustable.
Fixing the error
- Make sure your computer's time and date are accurate.
- Right click on the time to adjust the time and date.
- Because steps may vary, we recommend consulting your Operating System's help file for additional assistance.
If the error continues after trying the above steps:
- Launch Internet Explorer on a desktop computer.
- Click Tools | Internet Options.
- The "Internet Options" window appears.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under "Security", uncheck the boxes "Check for publisher's revocation" and "Check for server certificate revocation."
- Click Apply.
- Click Ok.
- Close and relaunch Internet Explorer, which should correct the error.