Changing your status in Messenger in Mail
Your chat availability appears on the left of your Yahoo Mail Inbox, next to the word “Messenger.” If you're signed out of Messenger, you see a gray lightning bolt () next to “Messenger.”
Changing your chat availability status
- Sign in to Yahoo Mail.
- In the left pane next to “Messenger,” click the down arrow to the right.
-A drop-down menu opens.
- In the drop-down menu, select an availability status:
- Available: Select to make yourself available to chat.
- Custom Status: Make yourself available with a custom status.
- Busy: Select if you are online but not available to chat unless it’s an emergency.
- Invisible: Select if you are online and don’t want others to know that. You will appear offline to others but can still see your online contacts and instant message with them.
- Sign out of Messenger: Select to sign out of chat and set your status to Offline.
This video is no longer available.