Change your security questions
You'll need to know your password before you can update your security questions. Not sure what it is? Use our Password Helper.
- Security questions must be 5 to 100 characters in length and may only contain letters and numbers.
- The answers to your questions must be 4 to 32 characters in length and may only contain letters and numbers.
- Security questions cannot contain the answer.
- The security questions cannot be the same.
- The answers to your two security questions cannot be the same.
Here's the steps to change them
- Using a desktop or laptop computer, go to your Yahoo Account Information page.
- Sign in with your Yahoo ID and password.
- Under "Sign-In and Security," click Update password - reset info.
- Select one of the security questions, or create your own.
- Click Save to confirm your changes.
Don't have security questions on your account? You may be asked to create two new ones when you log into your account from a desktop computer. If not, this means we already have trusted account recovery info on file for you. You can always manage your account recovery info from your Account Info page.