Yahoo Trade Review
In Fantasy Baseball and Football, it's possible to add a setting to your league to allow all managers a chance to review all trades and, if a manager feels it is worthy of a protest, have it reviewed and settled by a member of the Yahoo Sports team.
Purchasing a trade review
- Commissioners may purchase trade review for their league from their sports Premium Add-Ons page
- Yahoo Trade Review is included with all Yahoo Pro Leagues
- Yahoo Trade Review is not available to purchase in Fantasy Hockey or Fantasy Basketball leagues.
- If Trade Review is purchased, once any trade offer is accepted, the entire league will be notified so that all managers will have the opportunity to review the deal.
- In a custom league, the league commissioner can set the review period to be anywhere between one and seven days.
Protesting a trade
- If a manager feels that the deal is unfair, he/she can lodge an official protest with the Yahoo Sports League Office.
- Every protest (which must contain a description of why the protesting manager feels the trade should be vetoed) will be reviewed by members of the Yahoo Sports staff following the 2-day review period.
- As a result, it may take an additional day for your trade to process, since the Yahoo Sports League Office has a 24-hour period to review the trade and either accept or reject it after your league's review period.
- Unlike the one-third of league members requirement for trade vetoes, only one manger protesting a trade will trigger a review by the Yahoo Sports League Office.
- Any notes made by either manager involved in the trade, either when proposing or accepting the trade, will be included in the review process.
- It is not the purpose of the League Office to prevent coaches from making unwise trades, but rather to simply ensure that all coaches in a league are competing on a level and fair playing field.
All decisions on trade protests are final. Explanations about why specific trades were approved or rejected are not provided.
Note: If your league does not purchase Yahoo Trade Review, then reviewing is left to either your commissioner, or a league review. Yahoo will not be involved..