Fair play and sportsmanship rules for public leagues
We welcome our customers to play our fantasy games in the spirit of fair play and good sportsmanship.
By joining the game, each public league fantasy team owner agrees to these rules:
- All league-related transactions will be executed with the intent of improving the owner's team and/or its standing within the league.
- No owner may drop or "dump" players from their team for any reason other than improving their own team and/or its standing within the league.
- No owner will engage in any action that may be deemed to be collusive (two or more owners agreeing to make moves that benefit one team, but not the other).
- No owner will make any roster moves (including waiver claims, trade proposals, etc.) whose sole purpose is to hamper the play of other owners.
- No owner will take any action whose purpose is to, in any way, interfere with fair play in a league.
- Benching your entire roster for a Fantasy week to ensure another team a victory would be an example of this behavior.
Note: These rules do not apply to Yahoo custom leagues, which are controlled solely by the league commissioner.
While Yahoo will not remove teams from leagues after they have drafted, any failure to follow all of the regulations listed above may result in the limitation or removal of playing privileges for the offending owner. These restrictions may include:
- The suspension of specific game privileges (trading, message board posting, etc.) for the remainder of the season.
- The suspension of all playing privileges for the remainder of the season.
- The complete deactivation and removal of the corresponding Yahoo Account.
- Any other action that Yahoo, at its sole discretion, feels is necessary to restore fair play to the league.
It is the responsibility of team owners to monitor activity within their leagues. If, as a team owner, you notice any suspicious or collusive activity in your league, please notify us at once so that we may investigate and take the appropriate action—if any is deemed necessary—against the offending team(s) and/or account(s).
Please note: Any violations of the Terms of Service or Fair Play & Sportsmanship rules may result in action taken against all teams associated with the offending Yahoo ID, including those in different leagues or Fantasy games.