Change your listed mobile number in Yahoo Messenger
To add your new mobile number in Yahoo Messenger, you must first delete your old number.
Delete the old number
- Click the Messenger menu.
- Select Preferences.
- Click the Mobile category, and then click Edit Mobile Number... near the center of the window.
- Click Delete Number.
- Click Delete. You will be returned to the Yahoo Messenger window, with a confirmation that you have no registered mobile devices.
- Exit and restart Yahoo Messenger for the changes to show up.
You have now successfully deleted your old mobile number. The next step is to add your new one.
Add a new number
- iPhone: Go to the Yahoo Mobile/iPhone webpage. You can also install the Yahoo Messenger iPhone app from the App Store.
- BlackBerry: Go to the Yahoo Mobile/BlackBerry webpage.
- Other mobile devices: You can add the new device number from the version of Yahoo Messenger that's installed on your computer.
- Click the mobile-device icon that's located at the right of your display image.
- Select Edit Mobile Phone and follow the instructions. To review those steps, go to the help page, How to use Yahoo Messenger SMS on your mobile device.
- Yahoo Mobile/ webpage: While on the Yahoo Mobile webpage, enter the phone number for your new mobile device and then click Send a link to my phone. Follow the step-by-step instructions to add your new mobile device.