Error: "Your login session has expired"
You'll see this message if it's been more than eight hours since you last signed in to Yahoo Mail and still haven't signed out. We display this message and ask that you log in again as a safeguard for Yahoo Mail users, especially those who use public or shared computers.
You might also want to check your account information. If you've chosen to be prompted for a password more frequently than every eight hours, your session expires after the specified amount of time.
To change your session expiration time:
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Click Hi,
located in the upper-right corner and select Account Info.
- Enter your password and click Sign In in the new browser window that opens.
- Click Change sign-in settings under "Sign-in and Security."
- Select a sign out option from the Sign me out every pull-down menu.
- Click the Save.
Other issues related to receiving the "your login session has expired" message:
- Opening another browser window and signing in to a second Yahoo Mail account automatically signs you out of the first one.
- When you return to the first account, clicking any link gives you the "your login session has expired" message.
- If the time is incorrectly set on your computer, browsers will have difficulty managing cookie files and generate error messages more frequently.