Fix streaming data problems
Fixing Streaming Quotes
Before moving from one step to the next, test to see if the problem is fixed.
- Make sure Streaming Quotes is turned on:
- Go to any quote summary page.
- Click the Streaming gear icon .
- Next to "Streaming Quotes," click OFF to turn it on. (The current status is displayed and can be turned off/on.)
- Check you're using a supported Web browser.
- Your Web browser's cookies must be enabled for Yahoo Finance to save your Streaming Quotes setting. See how to accept and enable cookies in our help article about sign-in troubleshooting.
- Temporarily disable your anti-virus or security software.
- It's best if you use a broadband connection such as T1, cable, Wi-Fi, or FiOS. Streaming Quotes does not work well with dial-up or ISDN Internet connections.
- If a Yahoo Finance page is inactive for more than 25 minutes, Streaming Quotes stops updating data.
- Streaming Quotes can vary due to other factors, including trading volume, market conditions, and system performance.