Unable to sign in to my Yahoo account
Typical reasons your password may not work
- Your password was entered incorrectly.
- Web browser issues.
- Your account may have been compromised.
Verifying your password was entered correctly
- Is your CAPS LOCK key on? Try entering your password again using the correct uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Did you sign in with the correct Yahoo ID? If you've forgotten your Yahoo ID, you can always search for it using the Yahoo Password Helper.
- Have you changed your password within the last 24 hours? You may need to wait 24 hours before typing your new password.
- Are you locked out of your account? If you’ve entered your password too many times, you’ll be locked out for 24 hours.
Checking for web browser issues
- Sometimes web browsers save old information. You can fix this by clearing your browser’s cache and cookies, restarting your browser, and signing in again.
- You could also try using another supported browser.
Still having problems?
Either you are using the wrong password or your password was changed by someone else. Use the Yahoo Password Helper to quickly regain access to your account. Once you're back in, review your account settings to be sure no one has altered your information.