To email a custom report, first bookmark it, then add it to a report scheduled for email delivery.
Bookmark the custom report
- Click on the Bookmark Report button in the Report Toolbar, this displays the Bookmark Report window.
- Fill in your bookmark name. By default the name is set to be the name of the report you want to bookmark.
- Fill in your bookmark description. This is optional but you can use this field to share important information about your bookmark.
- Set the Bookmark Access Rights by defining the Read Rights and Edit Rights.
By combining the Read Rights and the Edit Rights, you can define the following types of access rights for your bookmarks:
- Read Rights: Me only & Edit Rights: Me only
- Read Rights: All users & Edit Rights: Me only
- Read Rights: All users & Edit Rights: All users
- Choose the interval for the bookmarked report. You may choose a fixed time period for your bookmark, if that period shows data of interest, or you may select the bookmark to display data based on the calendar settings if you are interested in checking the data for this report on a rolling basis.
- If you applied a segment to the report you are bookmarking, you can choose to keep this segment. If not, then the bookmarked report will display all data. If you save a bookmark by segment, it would be useful to include this information in the description of the bookmark.
- Choose whether the bookmarked report has the current sorting or not. If not, then the bookmarked report will display the default sorting.
- Create a folder for your bookmarks. Your folder will appear in the main report menus under Reports > Bookmarks. If you do not create a folder, then your bookmark will be listed directly under Bookmarks.
- Click on the Create Bookmark button.
Add the bookmark to a report that is scheduled for email delivery
- Navigate to Settings > Customize and schedule reports for email delivery, and click on the Add button to create a new scheduled report.
- Fill in the details of the scheduled report, including name, description, timing and reporting period.
- Select a report format. The options are: HTML, Microsoft Excel, Comma-separated values (CSV), and PDF.
- Select whether to include calendar events in the scheduled report and whether charts should be included in the scheduled report.
- Activate your report delivery by leaving the Active box checked off. (If you want to suspend report delivery, your have to uncheck the Active box, however, report settings will not be deleted, so that you can use them at a later date.)
- Next, select the delivery method (email delivery) and enter the recipients’ email addresses by separating them with commas.
- Select the reports that will be included in the scheduled report from the drop-down menu. For each report, you can select how many report rows you would like to see from this specific report. The options are 10, 25, 50, 100 and 200.
- Click on the Add button.
- Bookmarked reports will show up at the bottom of the dropdown menu listing reports available for email delivery, marked with a star.
- Once you have added all the reports you need to be included in the scheduled report, click on the Update button. Note: You can add up to 20 different reports, each containing 10 rows, to a scheduled email report. The maximum number of rows for a scheduled email report is 200.