|Learn about:||Campaign Optimization||Campaign Tune-up||Ad Group Optimization Guidelines||Ad Generator||Optimize Ad Display||Related Resources|
Campaign Optimization manages campaigns for you to help maximize the effectiveness of your spending, based on guidelines you provide. Campaign optimization automatically manages bidding and match type settings to save you time and help you get the most from your monthly budget. You select optimization guidelines, which help you spend your campaign monthly budget on the ads that best meet your goals and objectives. Set the value and relative importance levels for the guidelines that are relevant to your business. These settings will be used by the ad groups in this campaign unless you set custom values for them.
Consideration When Using Campaign Optimization
- Some features are currently available only to our higher spending advertisers or for accounts that remain active over time. You may not have access to features described on this page.
- Campaign optimization only runs with Sponsored Search. You can define optimization guidelines at any time, but the optimizer will not run until you turn on Sponsored Search for the campaign.
- The optimizer does not support Content Match. When optimization is on, the optimizer automatically turns Content Match off for all ad groups in the optimized campaign.
- The optimizer is designed to help pick the best match types and keyword bids based on your optimization guidelines. When optimization is on at the campaign level, you cannot manually alter the campaign's match types or keyword bids.
- Additionally, optimization at the campaign level may change the status of keywords to 'off' where the minimum bid for a keyword spends a significant and non-optimal amount of the budget. You cannot alter the 'on/off' status for keywords in a campaign when campaign optimization is on.
- Ad groups use the campaign settings that you define at the campaign level. You can set additional guidelines for individual ad groups at the ad group level.
- Before You Begin—Important Things to Know
- Types of Campaign Optimization
- Opening the "Define Campaign Optimization Guidelines" Page
- Optimizing a Campaign for a Business Objective Target
- Optimizing a Campaign for Conversion Funnel Events
- Specifying Default Guidelines for Ad Display Optimization
- Setting Bid Options
- Setting Budget Allowance
- Setting Importance Levels
- Specifying Conversion and Revenue Preferences