Yahoo! has established the following Guidelines to help maximize the quality of and set forth the type of products and services that may be sold on the Yahoo! network. All Yahoo! Shopping Merchants must comply with these Guidelines, which set forth some basic rules about how and what can be sold on the Yahoo! network, in addition to the Yahoo! Terms of Service and any other applicable Yahoo! Shopping agreement or Merchant Solutions/Store agreement.
Yahoo!, in its sole discretion, may at any time, remove any product or service from the Yahoo! network that does not comply with these Guidelines or any other applicable terms and may terminate the Merchant's account (including Yahoo! ID and email) and hide the store from Shopping. Yahoo! reserves the right to change these Guidelines at any time without notice.
Please help us maintain the quality of products and services sold on the Yahoo! network. If you see a product or service that violates our guidelines or terms, please let us know click here.
- Fraud. You may not use or manipulate this service for any fraudulent activity or purpose, including using a fraudulent payment instrument to pay Yahoo! for your services, selling items on Yahoo! Shopping and not delivering them to the buyer, gaming the merchant ratings system, phishing passwords, credit cards or other user information, or filing false Buyer Protection Program claims, as determined in Yahoo!'s sole discretion.
- Interference. You may not spam our system and/or impose an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on our system. You may not put any material on Yahoo! Shopping that contains any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
- Passwords. You are solely responsible for actions taken under your password and should not disclose it to anyone else. You cannot use your password for any unauthorized purpose.
- Poor merchant ratings and user complaints. If a merchant receives poor ratings or user complaints, Yahoo! may review the account, and in its sole discretion, terminate the merchant's account (including Yahoo! ID and email) and hide the store from Shopping.
Yahoo! Shopping Merchant must:
- Comply with applicable laws. You may not offer for sale or sell an item to any customer in a jurisdiction where the item violates applicable laws or regulations.
You also may not offer for sale any item that violates Yahoo!'s policies (including the Terms of Service and these Merchant Guidelines) as described below in "Items that are Prohibited by Yahoo!."
- Properly categorize product feeds. You must not improperly categorize your product feeds, such as including product feeds in any incorrect product category in an effort to pay a lower product category price or to market a product in an incorrect category, as determined in Yahoo!'s sole discretion.
- Provide accurate information. You must accurately describe your store and the items you are selling. You must describe the condition of each item being sold in your store, including whether the item is new, used or refurbished and provide the accurate pricing information for each product. You may not include any language in your product or store descriptions, including the name, which may confuse potential customers or cause your products or store to be included in search results that don't accurately describe your products or store. Your store must sell physical goods (including but not limited to downloadable media) and not services. In addition, you must post user notification if an item is sold out, out of stock or no longer available.
- Provide accurate contact information. Your store must have a working URL for users to access and purchase your products. You must provide an accurate company address, phone number, physical address, email address, and a clear and concise return policy in the information section of your store.
- Provide complete description of terms of sale. You must include information in your product feed that provides a clear and concise description of the terms of sale, including but not limited to a description of the payment methods accepted, applicable sales tax, shipping methods and who will pay the costs, any additional costs associated with the item, and the applicable return or refund policy. You must have more than one payment option, and cannot limit customers to paying by wire transfers such as Western Union or PayPal.
- Engage in ethical marketing practices. Yahoo! Shopping Merchants must not engage in practices that are in any way connected with the transmission of "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," unsolicited advertising, or other unsolicited mass distribution of email. Please see the Spam Policy detailed below for more information.
- Avoid listing any items in Yahoo! Shopping that are "adult oriented" in nature or marketed in an objectionable manner, as determined in Yahoo!'s sole discretion.
- Engage in reasonable and advertised shipping practices. You may not charge excessive shipping fees, have a COD program or engage in any unreasonable or unadvertised shipping practices..
- Engage in reasonable and appropriate sales practices. You must not engage in any unreasonable and inappropriate sales practices as requiring phone confirmation before delivering the item, requiring a minimum order amount, charging a monthly membership fees for purchases without the user’s express consent, increasing the price of the product at checkout, offering one item for sale on your website and actually selling or delivering another ("bait and switch"), or requiring purchase of an item in addition to the one advertised on your website, as determined in Yahoo!'s sole discretion.
- Deliver the item purchased. You must deliver to the buyer the item advertised to and purchased by the buyer within a reasonable time period.
- Refrain from misrepresenting merchant rating. You must refrain from misrepresenting in your product feeds or on your website your Yahoo! Shopping merchant rating.
Items that are Prohibited by Yahoo!
It is the responsibility of the Merchant to ensure that the items listed for sale on Yahoo! Shopping are appropriate for sale under all applicable laws and regulations. In addition, every item listed for sale on Yahoo! Shopping must be consistent with Yahoo!'s policies, as determined in Yahoo!'s sole discretion. Yahoo!, expressly reserves the right to, but has no duty to, reject or remove any item or listing in Yahoo's sole discretion. You may not sell the following items under any circumstances:
- Any item that is harmful to minors, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- Illegal or restricted weapons and related accessories, including the following:
- Firearms and firearm accessories, including ammunition, scopes, and silencers (Note: Yahoo! allows the posting of antique firearms made before 1898 and replicas of antique firearms that have matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap or similar ignition systems, subject to removal in Yahoo!'s sole discretion. All other firearms are prohibited.)
- Switchblade knives.
- Any concealed weapon.
- Any explosive device.
- Martial arts weapons.
- Cigarettes, illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia (including items to grow, manufacture, or distribute the same), prescription drugs, and medical devices, including any medical device that requires fitting by a certified practitioner or licensed seller.
- Any item that violates any U.S. export law or regulation, including any items subject to the terms of the U.S. embargoes against Afghanistan, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, and Sudan.
- Any item that infringes the rights of a third party, including items that violate copyrights, trademarks, publicity, or privacy rights of third parties. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Unauthorized copies of software, music, video games, movies, photos, or other media.
- Bootleg recordings of concerts, movies, or other performances.
- Sale of back-up copies of software.
- Any item that is counterfeit or stolen, including items that are:
- "Replicas," "Knock-offs" in the same "style" as, or "fake" versions of a name brand product.
- Counterfeit, or for the purpose of producing counterfeit, currency, stamps, government identification.
- Inauthentic sports collectibles, celebrity autographs, or otherwise inauthentic versions of memorabilia or other items with inauthentic signatures.
- Any item for gaining unauthorized entry to a place or vehicle including lock-picking devices, vehicle master keys, and other devices.
- Any item that promotes, glorifies, or is directly associated with groups or individuals known principally for hateful or violent positions or acts, such as Nazis or the Ku Klux Klan. Official government-issue stamps and coins are not prohibited under this policy. Expressive media, such as books and films, may be subject to more permissive standards as determined by Yahoo! in its sole discretion.
- Any animal items that are subject to regulations or laws for the protection of live animals, including endangered species and domesticated animals, as well as any products made from or including any parts of an animal protected by law or regulation. (Please note: Pets may only be offered for sale on Yahoo! Classifieds.)
- Any item that has been the subject of a product recall by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, other government agency, or product manufacturer.
- Any item used for hacking, intercepting, jamming, descrambling, or otherwise obtaining unauthorized access to wire, electronic, or other types of communications.
- Bodies, body parts, bodily fluids. For example: cadavers, organs, "clean" urine for drug tests, sperm, eggs, blood, breast milk.
- Fireworks, explosives, or any hazardous material or restricted chemical.
- Government-issued identification documents, whether authentic or counterfeit (e.g., fake IDs for age verification, fake government credentials, passports, green cards, birth certificates), police badges or insignia, and any other law enforcement items (e.g., FBI identification cards, badges, uniforms, flashing lights/sirens, etc.) generally restricted for sale under federal and state law.
- Stocks and securities.
- Gambling items (lottery tickets, sweepstakes, pyramid schemes, grab bags, raffles, slot machines, etc.).
- Individual contracts, services, and any item that is non-transferable.
- Event Tickets may only be sold in accordance with applicable state and local law. All Event Ticket descriptions must contain the location of the event (venue, city and state), date of the event, and face value of the ticket(s). Yahoo! may restrict the sale to the face value of the ticket(s) and require that merchants enter the face value of the ticket(s) as the "Price" for the item. Please read more about our Event Ticket Policy.
- Non-packaged food items and other food or beverage items sold in a manner inconsistent with federal, state, or legal regulations.
- Any used goods not appropriate for resale for safety, health, or other reasons, including any clothing items that have not been appropriately cleaned (e.g., used underwear).
- Any coupons, including any manufacturer's or retailer's coupons.
- Any other item that violates any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation or which Yahoo! determines, in its sole discretion, is inappropriate for sale through the services provided by Yahoo!.
Yahoo! explicitly forbids spamming. Prohibited spam or otherwise impermissible marketing activities through Yahoo! Shopping may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Sending mass email to recipients who haven't requested email from you, and/or sending email with a fake return address.
- Promoting a store with inappropriate links, titles, descriptions, or use of any content for which you do not have the appropriate rights.
- Promoting your store by posting multiple submissions in public forums that are identical.
If you're not sure if something constitutes spam, please exercise caution. Yahoo! may take action, at our discretion, if we believe your store has engaged in impermissible marketing activities, spamming, or other violations of these Guidelines or any other applicable agreement or terms.
Other Important Rules
Additional Guidelines for Yahoo! Store Merchants. Yahoo! Store Merchants also must comply with the Yahoo! Store Merchant Guidelines.