You can easily unsubscribe from most types of emails Yahoo sends you, but there are a few exceptions. The only types of emails you can't opt out of are those containing important information that we must make sure you know about.
You can't unsubscribe from administrative announcements you receive from Yahoo, including the following:
- Notifications of terms of service changes
- Welcome messages you receive when you sign up for a Yahoo product or service
- Billing statements
- Notifications about a discontinued service
- Updates on service outages
You can unsubscribe from all other types of email, including the following:
- Marketing messages
- Newsletters (including the Overture Services Newsletter)
- Yahoo Premium Services product updates
To unsubscribe from these emails, click the "Unsubscribe" link found on the bottom of each message you receive.
To change your preferences for receiving emails from Yahoo Marketing Communications or just opt out of them entirely:
- Select the check box next to each category of Yahoo products and services you want to receive email about. Make sure the check boxes next to categories you don’t want to receive email messages about are deselected (unchecked).
- Choose how you want us to contact you and provide email or postal address or phone number if relevant. You can edit or change each of these fields.
- Click Save your changes. (Your changes take effect within 10 business days.)
To change your preferences for receiving Yahoo Newsletter Subscriptions emails or just opt out of them entirely:
- Visit the Newsletter Management page. (You'll find links to this page on the Marketing Preferences page and at the bottom of each newsletter we send.)
- Select the check box next to each newsletter you want to receive. Make sure the check boxes next to categories you don’t want to receive newsletters are deselected (unchecked).
- Select the email address you would like each newsletter sent to. If the pull-down menu does not include the email address you'd like to use, click the "Edit Email Addresses" in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Select Details next to each newsletter to open a page that includes additional information about the newsletter, a sample issue, and options to subscribe and change your delivery settings.
- Click Finish to save any changes and go back to the Newsletter Management page.
- Click Save changes. (Your changes take effect within 10 business days.)
To unsubscribe from the Overture Services Newsletter:
- To unsubscribe from the newsletter, click here or use the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the Overture Services Newsletter email.
To change your preferences for receiving Yahoo Alerts:
- Visit Yahoo Alerts. Most alerts-including Mobile Alerts- to which you have subscribed to are shown on this page.
- To edit an alert, click the pencil to the right of the alert name; to delete an alert, click the trash can to the right of the alert name.
- You can also unsubscribe to an alert by clicking the Unsubscribe at the bottom of each Yahoo Alerts email.
Note: Yahoo's marketing preferences and other unsubscribe tools only apply to email Yahoo sends you. They don't apple to "Tell a Friend" forms; forms sent by other people through Yahoo servers; emails sent through Yahoo Mail, Yahoo Groups, and other services; or spam email sent using invalid or fake Yahoo Mail addresses.