Here are instructions for uninstalling Yahoo! Widgets on Microsoft Windows and Macintosh systems. After following these directions, it's best to restart your computer as a final step.
- Choose Exit Yahoo! Widgets in the gear icon menu of the dock or system tray.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove Programs. The list populates with program names.
- Scroll down to Yahoo! Widgets and choose it.
- Click Remove.
- When removal is finished, close the windows for Add or Remove Programs and Control Panel, and restart the computer.
- Click on the gear icon in the System menu bar and choose Quit Yahoo! Widgets.
- Open the Applications folder and send the Yahoo! Widgets icon to the Trash.
- Open the Documents folder and move the Widgets folder to the Trash.
- If you had set Yahoo! Widgets to run when the computer is restarted, open the Accounts System Preference panel, click Startup Items or Login Items, select the row with Yahoo! Widgets on it, and press the subtract (minus sign) button below the list.