You can add images to any of the editable areas of your page. In the editing view, these areas look like boxes framed by thin dotted lines, which appear around the three main content areas, site title, and footer on every page, as well as around your page title (not available on every layout).
There are two ways to add an image in Site Solution:
- Click the Image button on the editing toolbar (the most common method).
- Click the Add button on a gallery page sample image. Learn how.
To add an image with the editing toolbar:
- Click once in an editable area (inside one of the dotted-line boxes). The dotted line around the selected area will become a solid outline and the editing toolbar will appear.
YSS Editing Toolbar
- Click in the spot where you'd like to add your image to place the cursor there.
- Click the Image button on your editing toolbar.
YSS Image Button
- In the Add an Image dialog box, click the Browse button.
YSS Add Image Browse Button
- Use your computer's File Browser to locate and select the the image file on your computer, then click the OK or Open button.
- Optional: Type alt text for your image in the "Title/alt text:" field. Alt text appears when a viewer holds the mouse over an image in some browsers, and in all browsers while the image loads. Search engines also use alt text when indexing your site. Your alt text should simply be a short description of the image.
YSS Alt Text Field
- Choose how you'd like to align your image within the editable area by clicking one of the Align image buttons.
YSS Align Image Buttons
- If you don't want to resample your image, click the "Resample image" checkbox to deselect it. We recommend leaving this option selected in most cases. (Learn about resampling.)
YSS Resample Image Checkbox
- If you'd like your visitors to be able to click on your image to see a larger version, click the "Enable zoom" checkbox. (Note that the zoom tool works only in the preview and published versions of your pages.)
YSS Enable Zoom Checkbox
- Click the Add button to insert the image in your page.
YSS Add Image Add Button
If your image is very large, Yahoo! Site Solution will automatically resize it to fit into the editable area. After you add the image, you can change its size further or move it to a new location.
Hint: Because your site title appears on every page of your site, this is a great area to add a logo image.