Joomla is a free, open-source content management system. While Joomla is not provided or supported by Yahoo!, you are welcome to use
Joomla with your Yahoo! Web Hosting plan. These instructions should help you get started.
- Download the Joomla installer and save it to your computer.
- Open the downloaded file with a utility such as WinZip or
7-Zip and save the contents to a folder named joomla.
- Upload the joomla folder to your web hosting account via FTP.
- If you have not yet done so, set up your database username and password.
- Install phpMyAdmin.
- Create a new database using phpMyAdmin.
- Begin the Joomla installer by going to http://yourdomain.com/joomla (replace yourdomain.com with your own domain name) in your web browser.
- Follow the instructions onscreen to complete installation. A few notes on installation:
- Enter mysql for the hostname.
- Your MySQL username and password are the ones you created in step 4 above.
- Use the name of the database you created in step 6 above.
- Joomla's FTP connection feature is not compatible with Yahoo! Web Hosting at this time.
- Be sure to click the Install Sample Data button in the Configuration step.
- Once installation is complete, you must delete the installation folder, located inside joomla. You can use either
or the File Manager to delete it.
You can now go to http://yourdomain.com/joomla (again replacing yourdomain.com with your actual domain name) and begin configuring Joomla.
If you're having trouble getting started, The Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla
Please remember that Joomla is not Yahoo! software. If you require assistance with this program, please visit
the Joomla forums
. Yahoo! Small Business Customer Support does not provide support for third party software.