(For detailed help with any of these steps, please consult your software's help documentation or consult Adobe's online support center.)
To publish your site with GoLive, you'll need to set up an FTP connection to the Yahoo! servers. Important: Before you set up FTP access, make sure that you have TCP/IP networking set up properly on your computer. Consult your computer's help files for details.
To set up a connection to the Yahoo! FTP server:
- From the "Edit" menu, choose "Servers." You can also display the "Available Servers" dialog box by choosing "Edit Server" from the "Server" menu in Site Settings, the FTP browser dialog box, or the WebDAV Browser dialog box.
- Click the "New" button in the Available Servers dialog box.
- Type a name for this connection in the "Nickname" text box (yahoo, for example). This will help you avoid confusion if you add more servers to the "Available Servers" list.
- Here you'll need to enter your FTP settings. You can find your FTP settings on the Create & Update and Manage tabs of your Web Hosting Control Panel, in the Web Hosting Account Details module under "FTP Account Info." (Learn more about FTP.)
- Enter your host (such as ftp.yourdomain.com) in the "Server" text box. The address must start with "ftp://" for FTP servers and "http://" for WebDAV servers.
- Leave the "Directory" box empty.
- Enter your user ID in the "User Name" field.
- Select "Save" and enter your Yahoo! password in the "Password" text box.
- Click "Advanced" and complete the following:
- Select "Use Passive Mode." Passive FTP enables your local software to set up an FTP connection rather than asking the remote server to set it up (this option is blocked by Yahoo! for your protection).
- Select "Keep Connections Alive" to prevent timeouts due to inactivity.
- For Mac OS only: Keep the "Use ISO 8859-1 Translation" option selected to use the Latin 1 character encoding set, which encompasses the majority of Western European languages.
- Select "Resolve Links" to compare your local files with those on your FTP server.
- Click "OK" to save your settings.
To set up a connection to an FTP using the "Site Settings" dialog box:
- Open a site.
- Do one of the following:
- Click the "Site Settings" button on the toolbar and select "FTP & WebDAV Server."
- From the "Site" menu, choose "Settings," then "FTP & WebDAV Server."
- Choose a server from the appropriate "Server" menu.
- Click "OK." The server you have set up will become the current server for the site, and the server you connect to when you use the FTP browser.
Note: If no server is available in the "Server" menu or you cannot find the one you set up, choose "Edit Server" and follow the instructions above to set up a connection to the Yahoo! FTP server.
When you're ready to transfer your web site files to Yahoo!, go to the "Site" menu, select "FTP Server," make sure your server is checked, then click "Connect" to upload your selected files and folders.
When the transfer is complete, your files and folders will be available in your File Manager.
For additional help publishing with GoLive, please consult your software's help documentation or consult Adobe's online support center.