When you link an image, your site visitors who click on that image will go to the destination you specify. You can create a link to:
- a page in your site
- a page in another site
- an email address (the link will open a blank message with the address you specify in the "To" field)
- a file in your site
- another location you specify (recommended for advanced users only)
To link an image:
Select an image by clicking on it once. The image border will change into a thick dotted line.
Click the Link to button on your toolbar.
Click "Link Properties" in the Edit Menu.
SiteBuilder Toolbar: Link Icon
Right click on the image and select "Link To" from the pop-up menu.
SiteBuilder Edit Menu: Link Properties
Image Contextual Menu: Link To
In the Link dialog menu, choose the type of destination for your link (another page, web site, email address, file, or other). For this example, we'll select "Another Web Site" in the "Select the type of link" pull-down menu.
Link Dialog: Select Type Pull-Down
Next, enter the destination of your link. The destination depends on your choice of link type.
For this example, we'll link the image to the NASA web site, at nasa.gov.
- A Page in My Site: Use the menu to choose a page in your site.
- Another Web Site: Enter the site's web address.
- An Email Address: Enter the email address, such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A File on My Computer: Click the Browse button to search for a file, such as a PDF or spreadsheet.
- Other: Enter another link destination.
Link Dialog: Destination URL
Choose whether the link will open in the same browser window or in a new browser window.
Link Dialog: Open In Pull-Down
At the bottom of the dialog, you'll see the image you chose to link. You can click the image now to test your link in a web browser.
Link Dialog: Link Preview
Click the Create button.
Link Dialog: Create Button
You can edit or remove the link at any time.