To apply password protection to a subdomain, you'll need to link the subdomain to a password-protected directory in your web site.
- Visit your subdomain management page by clicking the "Manage subdomains" link on the Manage or Index tabs, or choosing the "Edit" link next to "Subdomains" in the left column of the File Manager.
- Click the "Edit" link next to the subdomain you'd like to password-protect (or create a new subdomain by clicking the "Add Subdomain" button).
- On "Edit Your Subdomain" page, select the directory to which you'd like to link your subdomain.
- Click "Submit."
- Click the "File Manager" link in the breadcrumb trail to return to the File Manager.
- Navigate to the directory you chose to associate with your subdomain. If you haven't already, set up password protection for this directory now.
The subdomain and directory you chose are now password-protected and can only be viewed by entering the user name and password associated with the user account you specified.