To restrict a user account's FTP access to a particular directory of your site:
- Open the Password Manager by clicking the corresponding link on the Manage or Index tab of your Web Hosting Control Panel.
- If you'd like to assign FTP access to a new user account, create the new user account now.
- Locate the user name of the account to which you'd like to restrict FTP access, and enable FTP access for that account if you have not already done so.
- Click the "Change Access Point" link in the right column next to that user name, under the "FTP Access Point" heading.
- On the following page, you'll be able to create a new directory or select a current directory. Click the "Choose Directory" link next to the directory to which you want to limit this user account's FTP access.
The user account now has access to the directory you specified and all of that directory's subdirectories. To reset FTP access for this account to the entire site, click the "Change Access Point" link next to its name again and choose the "Reset FTP access to entire site" link.