Prior to developing your store product pages, it is necessary to retrieve the product catalog to allow you to add products to your pages.
The Update Product Catalog menu opens a dialog that retrieves the store's product catalog from the Yahoo! server or from an XML file available on your development machine.
To update the product catalog:
- Within the "Site" panel of Dreamweaver, select the Yahoo! Store site definition whose product catalog is to be updated.
- Select Update Product Catalog from the Yahoo! Merchant Solutions menu item.
- The "Update Product Catalog" dialog opens, where you will have 2 options for retrieving a list of products:
- From Yahoo! Server—use this option to download the product catalog from Yahoo! (default).
- From local XML file—use this option to import a local XML file if you have downloaded and modified your catalog.xml file or if you use an external application to generate your catalog.xml file.
- Click "Update". An alert will appear warning you that updates may take a few minutes depending on your internet connection.
- Click "OK" to begin the update.
- Once the update has completed, an alert will list the number of products updated in the product catalog. Click "OK" to finish.