Configuring a site definition is a means of organizing your files within Dreamweaver allowing you to to upload your site to the web server with FTP, automatically track and maintain your links, manage files, and share files.
To configure a site definition:
- Open Macromedia Dreamweaver.
- From the Yahoo! menu, choose "Merchant Solutions" and then "Manage Sites" from the submenu.
(The "Manage Yahoo! Merchant Solutions Sites" dialog opens—see figure 1).
Figure 1: The Manage Yahoo! Merchant Solutions Sites dialog.
- Click "New . . .".
(The Merchant Solutions Site Definition dialog opens—see figure 2).
Figure 2: Yahoo! Merchant Solutions Site Definiton dialog.
- Enter the following information:
- Site name: Name to identify your site when working within Dreamweaver.
- Local root folder: Enter the path to the root folder of your computer where the files for our site are stored. You can click the folder icon to browse for an existing folder or create a new one.
- FTP or Yahoo ID!: Specify your Yahoo! ID that is associated with the Merchant Solutions account defined in this site.
- Password: Specify the password that corresponds to the Yahoo! ID entered in the previous step.
- Store Account Name: specify the Store ID that corresponds to the store defined in this site. (Please ensure that there are no blank spaces at the beginning or at the end of the accountname in this field).
- Domain name: enter the domain name used to locate the live version of the specified Yahoo! Store on the internet. The domain for this sample store is my-first-store.com. Note: Entries must exclude the initial world wide web prefix (e.g. www) and only specify the standard and top level domain name.
- Click "OK" to save the configured site definition.
If configuring a new site, a Dreamweaver site definition is created that manages the site contents on our computer. The new site definition is listed in the Manage Yahoo! Merchant Solutions Sites dialog, as well as the Dreamweaver site manager.
The new site definition does not automatically appear within the Dreamweaver Sites panel. Close and re-open Dreamweaver to add the new Yahoo! Site definition to the list of available sites within the Dreamweaver Sites panel.
If editing an existing site, site configuration information is updated and you will be returned to the Manage Yahoo! Merchant Solutions Sites dialog.