Your PayPal status will appear as pending in the Payment Center (see figure 1) for the following reasons:
- You have not completed all required steps as outlined by PayPal.
- You are trying to set up a non-US PayPal account. At this time, PayPal does not support non-US PayPal accounts with this integration of PayPal Express Checkout.
Figure 1: Payment Center showing PayPal Express Checkout as pending.
To check your status in your store:
- From the Store Manager, click the Payment Center link.
- Click the PayPal Express Checkout link (if not already expanded).
A link will appear in red indicating the status is pending.
To go to PayPal and review the incomplete steps in your account setup:
- Click the "pending" link in the Payment Center for your account.
- Log in to your account.
- Review the steps shown as incomplete by PayPal. You can click Go to start a task (see A figure 2).
Figure 2: PayPal Getting Started page showing incomplete items. Note: The example shows a PayPal Payments Pro account, but the same page is used for both PayPal Payments Pro and PayPal Express Checkout, although with some different steps in the checklist.